Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Alias Design


Today I had a very good presentation from Graeme & Robin of the UK about Alias - Autodesk. Which I must say is quite a remarkable piece of software. The way you can start sketching (Wacom tablet is a must) and then gradually move to 3D-modeling is unique. Off-course it looks all nice and easy when it is presented to you but I must say I was impressed.
A down side for me is the 90's look of the user interface - Although ... it's quite retro. I personally believe that if they fix this up in future versions they 'll have a killer app.
Nice to mention is that Autodesk (and Industrial design packages in general) is moving up to the Apple platform - they have some nice ideas about user interfaces ;-)
Want to try the software yourself, check out;

1 comment:

  1. Nice post... One of my close friends works at Autodesk and he invented an application running with Autodesk, it might be related to the software that was shown to you.... Nice!

    ReplyDelete